Re: minicom (was Re: Serial terminal software.)

Diego Biurrun <diego@biurrun.de> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I have compiled a fresh kernel with serial console support and tried to
> connect my notebook with minicom to it. However I only managed to get it
> to work with a 4800 speed connection. A VT320 terminal works at 9600 and
> 19200. Any hints how I can improve speed?

     I found my minicom connections very slow, although the default
serial port setting is supposed to be 38.4 kb.  I fixed it with the
following command at the shell prompt:
          setserial /dev/ttyS1 spd_vhi

     (The device name depends on where your modem is located).
/etc/init.d//setserial saves the serial port settings when you
shutdown, and restores them on bootup.

     Another place to check is minicom configuration.  In minicom,
CTRL A O, choose "Serial port setup".

HTH
Bob
--