minicom (was Re: Serial terminal software.)

Hello!

I have compiled a fresh kernel with serial console support and tried to
connect my notebook with minicom to it. However I only managed to get it
to work with a 4800 speed connection. A VT320 terminal works at 9600 and
19200. Any hints how I can improve speed?

I'm using kernel 2.0.38 on my notebook. The bootup message about the
serial devices is:

Serial driver version 4.13p1 with no serial options enabled
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16450
ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16450