Re: Gcc, Objective-C

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 02:56:17PM -0500, Francois Fayard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for this question that perhaps doesn't really suit to the
> debian-mailing list. But If someone has some advice, I would be great.
>
> I want to write a mathematical program (so no plateform dependencies)
> which used to be in Fortran 90. I want to switch to a real language.

You can also have a look at ocaml (objective caml). It is available as
a Debian package. An interesting comparison between the speed of
languages can be found at http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/ which
made me investigate ocaml.  It seems to be an excellent language for
mathematics.

Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336
     "For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and