Re: xmps not working

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 07:10:05 -0200, Rogerio Brito writes:
>	Unfortunately, I don't know how to solve this problem, but one
>	of the reasons why I am anxious for the newer distributions
>	(testing and unstable) is that I want to have a movie player.
>	I'd like to play asf, mov and mpeg files. Is xmps able to do
>	this?

I don´t know about asf+mov, but it (should :/ ) play mpeg-2 and mpeg-4
(divx).

In the meantime I installed xmps on another machine, too, which runs
enlightenment instead of fvwm95, and here I was able to open the
file (had to rename it to .mpeg instead of .avi)...but only with

 Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkdraw.c: line 269 (gdk_draw_text): assertion
  `font != NULL' failed.
 Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

as a result :/

Nobody willing to inject some clue?

TIA,
&rw
--
/  Ing. Robert Waldner  | Network Engineer | T: +43 1 89933  F: x533 \
\ <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> |    KPNQwest/AT   | Diefenbachg. 35, A-1150 /