Re: X Window Manager

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 12:36:52PM -0600, Lance Simmons wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 12:51:32PM -0500, cdryburgh asked about window
> managers. Here's my suggestion:
>
> No question in my mind: uwm. It has the best interface I've ever used.
> You can perform any operation on any window by clicking on it
> _anywhere_. You can also use keystrokes to do pretty much anything. You
> can also turn off or on pretty much any feature of uwm. (For example,
> if you don't like the way window titles are displayed, you can change
> it, or turn them off altogether, which is what I do.)

Thanks for this post, Lance.  I just reinstalled uwm, having forgotten about
my experience with it a while back...  I agree with you, now having gone
through several others (fvwm2, sawfish, icewm, wmaker).  The only thing I
miss (and it may be strictly my ignorance) are icons for certain apps.  But
it's soooo light and fast!

Kenward
--
It is not so very important for a person to learn facts.  For that he
doesn't really need a college education, for he can learn them from