Re: dirt-level networking

	http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linag2/book/index.html

> I have two boxes, one nic for each, and a crossover cable. plus
> a dialup modem in one. eventually I'd like my cheapie computer
> (a bargain 486)
> to be a firewall, but just want to mess with networking the two
> first.
>
> one box has an isa card, the other a pci, but they're both
> ne2000 compatable (pnp, unfortunately).

	You may have to turn off the pnp on the isa card to get it to
	work.  You can do so with a disk from the manufacturer.

> Once I get the two connected, I'm gonna move my modem to the
> 486. Am I gonna have to jump thru too many hoops to switch to a
> dsl modem later? (I'll have to add another nic??)
> --

	You will have to change your setup some but it shouldn't be too
	hard.  You'll have to have two nics, yes.
	hth,
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."