Re: whoops -subject meant to be software RAID

To quote John Griffiths <john@capmon.com>,
# OK i've built a server to run a Linux/Apache/Mysql/PHP setup on.
#
# It works pretty well and we're happy with it. But i've statred hearing
about Software RAID. Our budget won't run to SCSI or a RAID controller.

There are relatively cheap IDE-based RAID solutions available, if you
want to consider that.

# But we could stick in a second HD on the other IDE controller.

Yup.

# Would this be worthwhile? How hard is it to set up a software raid?
what do I do? does it matter that i want the whole OS as well as the
data storage mirrored?

Fairly easy. Read the appropriate HOWTOs are http://www.linuxdoc.org

Dave