Re: Unable to Install Debian From CD

On Sun, 07 January 2001, Sebastiaan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> have you included a /cdrom line in your fstab? If the installation program
> cannot find a cdrom itself, you are able to fix it this way, I think,
>
> Greetz,
> Sebastiaan
>

>On 7 Jan 2001 sg.au@techemail.com wrote:
>
>Hello there. I have the following line in /etc/fstab:
>/dev/cdrom    /cdrom   iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto    0  0
>
>Thanks, Brad.

I found the problem. It seems that the drive I was using was "compatible" but had to be inisialised by the DOS driver before it would work under Linux. However, I borrowed a CD drive from another computer that Linux supports directly and had no problems with it (the original drive was malfunctioning anyway).

-Brad