FIXED :) Cannot Open /dev/dsp device

I have a Creative Ensoniq ES1371 sound card; loading the module
fixed the problem :)

dur, I shoulda thought to check this at the beginning :)
Thanks everyone, for all your responses.  I figured this out
by reading the documentation several people suggested.

Aaron

yomama[57]% play ~/delay/delay-ss1.au
playing /home/amaxwell/delay/delay-ss1.au
sox: Can't open output file '/dev/dsp': No such device
yomama[58]% su -c 'modprobe es1371'
Password:
yomama[59]% play ~/delay/delay-ss1.au
playing /home/amaxwell/delay/delay-ss1.au
<speaker vibrates appropriately>
yomama[60]%