Unable to Install Debian From CD

I have run dbootstrap from the Debian CD and installed the base system. I've done all the steps up to the point where the system is rebooted. When it reboots from a diskette, it runs the first part of the installation (set up partitions, install base system etc.), but if I try to access the CD, it says CDROM mount failed.

When it boots from the HDD, I see that it finds the CDROM and calls it hdb. But when I run dselect, it only gives three options for access methods:

   nfs	   install from an NFS server (not yet mounted)
   floppy  install from a pile of floppy disks
 * apt     APT acquisition (file,http,ftp)

I want to continue the installation from the CDROM discs resuming at the point where the Debian installation system boots from a Linux HDD, but I do not know how to proceed. Could someone provide assistance? Thank you.

NOTES: The BIOS of my system does not support booting from CDROM. I believe I am using a standard ATAPI IDE drive (Wearnes CDS-2420). The CDROM drive is slaved to the HDD on the primary channel of an add-in IDE controller.