Re: lilo.conf

Russell Coker wrote:

On Saturday 06 January 2001 21:19, Tibor D. wrote:

Could you imagin squid.conf without any comments and example-lines? The

Incidentally I have recently submitted a proposal for debconf'ing Squid. I've forward it to debian-user a few minutes ago.

As I mentioned above, I'd really like to have a fast way to setup squid or lilo (with some menu-system), but I'd like to have the possibility to update the original conffiles by hand (and to know that these lines won't just disappear when installing an update). Today I had to update /etc/inetd.conf and to activate swat (its for samba) and there I saw already the line: #<off># swat .......
There I found that these lines can be changed by the "update-inetd"-tool.
I think something like that would be cool, so one can insert own lines, but some tool can also handle those labeled-lines (and only those). So the config-files remain transparent. I think it's not the idea of debconf, to really have all possible variables of lilo.conf/squid.conf changed, but only the "most wanted" for a fast setup.
Greetings,
Tibor