Re: AGH! Hard disc faults!

To quote Matthew Sackman <matthew@sackman.co.uk>,
# The hard disc is a 10Gb 7200rpm 2Mb cache Seagate that is less than 6
months
# old. I'm fairly furious that it has developed an error this quickly.

It's the nature of the beast, unfortunatly :( However, often times the
manufacturers are really quite good about it. I had an IBM DJNA(7200RPM,
14Gig, 2M cache) which died about a month after warranty(not that the
warranty even applied to me - I bought it from an OEM), and they happily
replaced it.

Dave