Re: AGH! Hard disc faults!

I found that I had a spare 1Gb partition, and using a rescue disk managed to
copy accross what I could of the damaged disk. Unfortuantely, that's meant I've
lost some network option files and some of the run-levels directories have
vanished (/etc/rc0.d, /etc/rc6.d/ went, as did /etc/network/options and some
other files plus some i've no idea about!) so I'm trying to recreate those.
Does anyone know of a utility that can reinstall all the now missing files -
I'm not in anyway sure of what isn't there that should be.

The hard disc is a 10Gb 7200rpm 2Mb cache Seagate that is less than 6 months
old. I'm fairly furious that it has developed an error this quickly.

With thanks,

Matthew

--

Using intelligent power: