Re: [slightly OT] book recomendations?

Mithras wrote:
> I'm also looking for a book, a late Xmas gift for my dad who's been
> getting into Linux.  I'm confident he has enough newbie literature to
> help him when I'm not around (I last recommended Thinking Unix to
> him), so I thought a book about the free software culture would be
> good for him now.  Wasn't a book about the history of free software
> reviewed on /. a few months ago?

O'Reilly put out a book called "Open Sources" early 1999 - there may have
been another edition by now.  It's a collection of essays from folks that
are involved in open source - Bruce Perens, Linus Torvalds, Eric Raymond,
Richard Stallman, Larry Wall, and a whole bunch more.  I don't know if this
is the one you're thinking of, but it's an entertaining read.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.