Re: Box refusing connections after changing to static IP?

"Osamu" == Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com> writes:

> If netowork admin told Dan to use fixed IP, ask him about available
> IP which is not used by his DHCP server.  If same IP as previous
> DHCP assigned one is used without asking network admin, it sure
> causes problem described by Dan.

Actually, I was the one with the problem.  The static IP I'm using is
one assigned to me by the network admin, so that's not the problem
(assuming he did his end correctly).

> Also it will be nice if network admin will put your machine's new
> fixed IP entry into DNS server for easy access by name.

We don't actually have a DNS server, unfortunately.

--
Albert ``Willy'' Lee, Emacs user, game programmer
"They call me CRAZY - just because I DARE to DREAM of a RACE of