quota woes

Hi!

Yesterday I installed another disk in my private server, and now I
thought it would be a good idea to also set quotas on it, of course to
prevent the users filling the thing up...

I added /dev/hdc to fstab, did `touch quota.user`, `edquota -u <user>`
and `quotaon /home3` (where hdc is mounted). Now every process
accessing the drive, including quotacheck, repquota, quotaoff, umount,
touch etc, is hanging and won´t even be kill -9´ed.

Any clue on what I did wrong (and, hopefully, what I can now do other
than reboot ;-) )?

Poking around in /proc at one of the hanging processes:
ka:/proc# cat 14746/status
Name:   repquota
State:  D (disk sleep)
Pid:    14746
PPid:   1
Uid:    0       0       0       0
Gid:    0       0       0       0
VmSize:     1148 kB
VmLck:         0 kB
VmRSS:       520 kB
VmData:       60 kB
VmStk:         8 kB
VmExe:         8 kB
VmLib:      1036 kB
SigPnd: 00004102
SigBlk: 00000000
SigIgn: 00000000
SigCgt: 00000000

an strace immediately hangs itself...

TIA,
&rw
--
/  Ing. Robert Waldner  | Network Engineer | T: +43 1 89933  F: x533 \
\ <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> |    KPNQwest/AT   | Diefenbachg. 35, A-1150 /