Re: Woody Progress

"Raphael Deimel" <raphael@russe.dhs.org> wrote:

(Sorry, delayed reaction ...)

>From: "Scott Patterson" <Scott_Patterson@andersonsinc.com>
>> 3. new installer - someone else mentioned it, but this is a definite in my
>> book
>
>called deity, imho definitely a must (dselect drives me nuts when i'm
>searching for packages ;)

No, deity is the old name for apt. The installer Scott's talking about
isn't part of the package management system; instead it's the
replacement for boot-floppies, which installs a base Debian system from
floppies (erk), CDs, the net, whatever. See the archives of debian-boot
for more information.

Incidentally, I doubt woody will particularly be waiting for gcc 3.0. If
it's released in time, all well and good, but everything I've heard
suggests it's a good way off yet.