Re: mouse middle button not working in X

> Yes, I used to have "/dev/gpmdata" as well at one time. I tried it again
> now and it does allow the mouse to work both in console and X. However,
> the middle button still doesn't work, but I've gone back to a 2-button
> genuine Microsoft mouse which can at least emulate 3 buttons (essential
> for xfig).

try out the intellimouse protocol with "/dev/gpmdata". don't know if
this works for you, but it worked for me

--
"almost everyone in this suburban bourgeoisie system hated their lives, but
because they had been brought up to worship these aesthetic myths they felt