Re: mouse middle button not working in X

If you have usb ports, I recommend the Belkin 3-button mouse. See: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=38&pcount=&Product_Id=22121&Section.Section_Path=%2FUSB%2FMultimed%2E%2E%2Eeyboards%2F

There are clear instructions for setting up usb devices at
http://www.linux-usb.org/

And you get real 3-button function.

Jeremiah