Re: mouse middle button not working in X

On 02 Dec 2000, Jeremiah H. Savage wrote:
> When I was using a ps/2 mouse, I got the middle buttom to work by
> changing the Device in the "Pointer" Section of /etc/X11/XF86Config from
> Device
> 	"/dev/psaux"	<-- yours might have something else
> Device
> 	"/dev/gpmdata"
>
> Jeremiah
>
> Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> > I have a 3-button mouse; Microsoft-compatible. It works as expected in
> > the console but the middle button doesn't work in X.
> >
> > Also, I have to turn it off in the console when I'm in X, otherwise the
> > pointer freezes.
> >
> > Any ideas about this?
> >
> > Anthony

Yes, I used to have "/dev/gpmdata" as well at one time. I tried it again
now and it does allow the mouse to work both in console and X. However,
the middle button still doesn't work, but I've gone back to a 2-button
genuine Microsoft mouse which can at least emulate 3 buttons (essential
for xfig).

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.2 (Windows-free zone)
Over 100 book reviews: http://www.cix.co.uk/~acampbell/bookreviews/

"Palo y tente tieso." (Spanish proverb)
Free translation: "Holdfast is your only dog."