Re: cut-and-paste

Robin Rowe wrote:

> Is there a cut-and-paste how-to or FAQ somewhere?

not that im aware of.

> 1. What are cut, copy, paste, and undo keys that would be equivalent to
> ctrl-x, ctrl-c, ctrl-v, and ctrl-z keys in Windows?

i believe this is toolkit dependent. and can be even application
dependent. for most of my copy/paste i just highlight the text to
copy and use the middle mouse button to paste.

> 2. What is gpm supposed to do and why does running it freeze my mouse in X?

gpm is for console mouse support. running it without having it
properly configured can cause a communications conflict as
either X or gpm can have control of the mouse, but not both.
if gpm is configured right(i don't know how, i've never tried
it myself) then you should be able to use it in both
enviornments.

nate

--
:::