Re: 'sendmail' option -commented- in Muttrc but working??

Hmm,  not sure about what you meant in your messages, but I'll try to
help anyways.  I use mutt on my linux box with sendmail and at work
with cygwin using ssmtp as the MTA.  On my linux box I don't have the
"set sendmail" option in my mutt rc file.  It uses the default value
given in the manual and works fine (since I have sendmail).

At work I have the sendmail option set to "ssmtp" (with some ssmtp
options in the quotes).

If you have the option commented (usually said "commented out") that
is equivalent to not having it at all.

ex:
# set sendmail="foobar"

is commented out and will have no effect.

It seemed like you said sending mail worked fine like this.  Try this
command in a shell:

ls -l `which sendmail`

It may be that the exim package installs a symlink called "sendmail"
that links to exim.  If so, then when mutt tries to exec sendmail it
will succeed, but actually exec exim instead.

Hope this helps.
:-)
-D

PS.  I would guess that english isn't your native language, and I
don't want to you feel insulted after reading my message, I just don't
want to assume anything since that results in misunderstandings (and
even more confusion on your part when it doesn't work the way you want
it to)