Re: where'd my 1600x1200 go?

Jon Nichols wrote:

> Howdy.
>
> When I first started using Debian a few weeks ago, I got 1600x1200 in my X with 16-bit color. I no longer can do better than 1152x864.
> I have a S3 Savage4 card, which works OK in other OS's... and I have been sticking with tthe stable packages.... I have been thru xf86config and XF86Setup a number of times....
>
> ideas?

kill any display managers(xdm, kdm, gdm etc) and run X from the command
line:

startx >&X.log

then paste the log to the mailinglist that will most likely show the
problem.
also what happens when you try 1600x1200 ? does the monitor go black?
does
the mode just not switch at all(maybe its deleted when X loads), does it
look real screwed up ? or what.

nate

--
:::