Re: cut-and-paste

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 11:59:50AM -0800, Robin Rowe wrote:
> Is there a cut-and-paste how-to or FAQ somewhere?
>
> 1. What are cut, copy, paste, and undo keys that would be equivalent to
> ctrl-x, ctrl-c, ctrl-v, and ctrl-z keys in Windows?
>
> 2. What is gpm supposed to do and why does running it freeze my mouse in X?

	I don't know why running gpm freezes your mouse in X.  There
	seems to be a conflict between gpm and X, your not the only one
	who experiences this.  I did get the mouse working in both modes
	but lost the third mouse button in the process so I just shut
	off gpm and turn it on when I need it.
	/etc/init.d/gpm stop
	/etc/init.d/gpm start
	will do that for you.  You can search the archives and see if
	any of the fixes out there work for you.
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."