Re: downgrade from Woody to Potato

For me it was even worse. I half-installed libc6 in the old version, then
opened dselect, and tried to remove libdb2 (something probably extremely
silly). Now libc is broken, along with dpkg rm, mv, ls, and probably
another lot of basic stuff. What is wrong for dpkg to work, is that it
does not find ldconfig.

Is there a way to solve this, make dpkg work and reinstall the newer
version of libc?

Otherwise I have to reinstall everything from scratch. This is boring, but
perhaps is the easiest way to go back to potato.

Thanks

Alessandro