Re: downgrade from Woody to Potato

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 01:33:54PM +0100, Stephan Engelke wrote:
> Johann Spies writes:
>
> > Replace your libc6 package with the potato version using dpkg -i with
> > the --force-depends option.
>
> Unfortunately this did not work; I could not get around the
> dependencies on glibc 2.2.
>
> To shorten a long story, I have done a reinstall, and got the system
> up to working condition within three hours.  There's probably the odd
> package still missing, but I am reinstalling everything by hand
> intentionally, because it gives me a chance to clean things up a
> little and get rid of unused packages.

hey there. would you like to write up your 'how i did a quickie
install' for the newbieDoc troupe? you might be able to help
preserve a future newbie's hairline by doing so...

--
will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc