Re: downgrade from Woody to Potato

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 11:53:57PM +0100, Stephan Engelke wrote:

You can try the following:

Replace your libc6 package with the potato version using dpkg -i with
the --force-depends option.

Then do

apt-get -f install

with your apt-get sources pointing to potato.

I did this on a mixed potato/woody system to remove libc6 and packages
which depended on it from my system and replace them with potato
packages.

I can not guarantee it to work but that is how I got a pure potato
system back.  If I now want to use woody packages, I use apt-get
source.

Johann.
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336 / 023 55 11 568
     "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shall call