Re: Problems removing kdebase

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 at 20:32:24 +0100, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

[Cc'ing back to debian-user; hope you don't mind.]

> Am Mit, 20 Dez 2000, schrieb Colin Watson:
> > *sigh* Definitely bug report time. :) 'grep -v' returns 1 if there were
> > no non-matching lines, or if the file doesn't exist. Put ' || true' at
> > the end of each of the grep lines quoted above, and it should be fine.
>
> Thank a lot. It works. You'll file a bug report? Because I do not
> really understand what is going wrong. ;-)

Hmm. I was about to file a bug report, but I just downloaded the latest
potato package from kde.tdyc.com and this bug isn't present, so there
isn't really any point. I think you could probably have upgraded to the
latest version and then removed the package; failing that, the fix to
/var/lib/dpkg/info/kdebase.postrm above works in case anybody else runs
into the same problem.

Cheers,