Intel 815 chipset + Hedrick IDE patches + Reiser

Hi,

Does anyone know which patches I need to get ATA100
working on 2.2.18 with this chipset (ICH2)?  According
to http://www.linux-ide.org/ they have a 2.4 backport
to this kernel, and the patches support the chipset but
they don't say to what level.  It's supported - go
suck, basically.  They don't tell you which transfer
modes (DMA 1-2-3-4-5).  Also, I hear that hdparm brings
back some incorrect values on ATA100 channels.  Is this
true?

If it doesn't work, I'm going back to BSD as they
have ATA100 RAID support via HPT370s, 815s and
anything!!  Linux really needs to keep up with them a
bit more :P

Also, is there any way to hack ReiserFS into Debian
2.2r2 on install?

Cheers,

- Chris.