Re: The Debian way (kernel)

"Ray Percival" <squadboy@mail.sisna.com> writes:
> I'm getting ready to go to kernel 2.2.18. I know there is a Debian
> way to do the kernel but damned if I can think of where I could find
> it. Could any of you please point me towards it and also anybody run
> into anything to be aware of with this one. I'm doing it mostly for
> the USB backports (think I may be getting some devices for xmas :))
> In any case any advice would be very cool. Thanks.

One suggestion first, get your email program to wrap your lines. While
gnus handles an approx. 400-character line-length article like yours,
other mail clients may not! Generally a 70 character line length is
considered good form.

As to your question, what you're looking for is the kernel-package
package. So
        apt-get install kernel-package
        cd /usr/share/doc/kernel-package
        zcat README.gz|less