Re: Printing to legal paper (urgent help needed)

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 09:55:33AM -0500, Arcady Genkin wrote:
> Chris Gray <cgray@tribsoft.com> writes:
>
> >     ag>   psnup -plegal -Pletter -10 report.ps /tmp/rep10.ps
> >
> > First of all, have you tried it without the -Pletter in there?
>
> Yes, I put it in there later in hope that it would make a difference.
>
> > There's not too much output from "apropos paper" -- you might look
> > through there.  Paperconfig looks especially promising.
>
> Yep, good call!  Changing /etc/papersize from letter to legal was all
> it took.  Funny that the man page for lpr (or man pages for PS
> utilities) doesn't mention paper configuration.  Also, it seems
> strange that there seems to be no way to override the setting with a
> command-line parameter.  All I needed was to print two legal-sized
> pages, and then go back to letter-sized...

According to man pages paperconf(1) and papersize(5), programs using
the libpaper library will use the PAPERCONF environment variable in
preference to /etc/papersize. This can save you from becoming root just
to change /etc/papersize.

your pal dave

--
Dave Thayer