Re: Printing to legal paper (urgent help needed)

    ag> Hello:
    ag> I *really* need to print a document to a legal-size paper.  I
    ag> formatted a document using psnup to fit 10 pages on one side:

    ag>   psnup -plegal -Pletter -10 report.ps /tmp/rep10.ps

First of all, have you tried it without the -Pletter in there?

    ag> and when I open it with gv, I can see all ten pages, but only if I
    ag> choose `legal' from the drop-down list of paper sizes (which shows as
    ag> BBox otherwise).  When sent to the printer (regardless if I do it from
    ag> `gv' or with plain `lpr'), I only get eight of the pages printed (and
    ag> the space for the two other pages is left unoccupied).  I.e. the page
    ag> is printed as if on a letter-sized paper.

    ag> My understanding is that lpr does not understand that the document is
    ag> formatted for legal paper.  I have HP DeskJet 697 for a printer and I
    ag> use it with magicfilter, modified to use hpdj driver.

    ag> I'm lacking clue as to how to remedy or debug the problem; would
    ag> anyone please help?

There's not too much output from "apropos paper" -- you might look
through there.  Paperconfig looks especially promising.

--
Chris