Re: [OT] Recent increases in d-u posts?

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 10:09:58PM +1100, Damon Muller wrote:
> Quoth Ignasi Tura,
> > Let's see if we continue this way or we just split (I suggest
> > debian-novice if there's the case).
>
> Splits have been proposed countless times in the past, and it's always
> been concluded that it wouldn't work. If we started a debian-novice, who
> would hang around to answer questions?

last week's newbies would delight in being able to answer
questions intelligently. i certainly have! :) it certainly
lends a level of satisfaction knowing that you're sparing
someone else the frustration you just went through to do
your simple little task...

> Interestingly, this increase has come at the same time as web sites like
> debianplanet and debianhelp. Maybe if more people knew about these
> resources (and more of us knowledgable folks contributes to them), the
> reliance, and traffic, on this list would decrease.

you betcha!
	http://www.debianplanet.com/
	http://www.debianhelp.com/

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

u otta volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc