Re: IPMasq Probs

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 09:43:21PM +1030, David Purton wrote:

> Hello, I'm attempting to get IP Masquerading happening on my dial uppotato
> box, so far without luck
>
> I can't even ping a remote ip address
>
> Which log files will can contain errors?
>
> I haven't played with any rules or anything
> so everything is as default from the ipmasq install
> I *think* I have all the appropriate things compiled into the kernel, but
> it didn't seem to offer quite the same options as suggested in various
> howtos (kernel 2.2.17 pre6 - from potato dist) - is there a way I can
> easily tell if this is a problem?

hmm! unfortunately, i'm on a cable modem, which means i'm really
on 24/7 whenever the computer is alive... so my setup will be
different.

i do recall, tho, that when i installed ipmasq (i think!?) it
asked me about "is this for ppp only?" or some such. look for
the config files associated with your ppp arrangement (maybe
there's a command to reconfigure any particular package [i'd
bet money] but my brain isn't working at proper speeds at the
moment...)

it may even just be the existence of a single file in the ipmasq
area -- check the ipmasq script (or subsidiary scripts) and see
if it checks for any ppp something-or-other...

anyone else got a pointer off the top of your heads, on how to
set up ipmasq for ppp?

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your Debian experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc