Re: Network Monitoring recommendation

Quoth Craig Coles,
> I am looking for a tool to monitor the through-put of my connection to the
> internet.  I want to know if my connection is maxing out, or my users just
> have slow connections to the internet.  Is there a debian package to do
> this, or a recommendation otherwise?  Can these tools determine what kind of
> traffic it is (http,ftp,etc.)?

If you're just after a rough, visual, estimate of useage, have a look at
something like xnetload, or the network monitors of gkrellm (gkrellm is
a great tool for getting a quick visual summary of the state of your
system).

cheers,

d.

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,