Re: debian install over ppp connection + Exim, RBL, fetchmail POP3

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 11:23:26AM -0500, DTi4565459@aol.com wrote:

>  > You have install the base system (fits on
>  > about eight floppies) first but from there a ppp install should be
>  > straightforward.
>
>  This is the first concrete information about this that I have been able
>  to find! Great. Do you have any specific URLs or docs you can point me
>  too? I've looked for just this sort of thing but I haven't been
>  successful.
>   >>

> I have installed base from downloads at www.debian.org.  NB: you can't just
> copy the floppies in DOS.  You have to download a rawrite program and learn
> to use it.  It took me a while to catch on, but now I am up to point of
> completing
> install with ppp.

Hi,

Actually, I'm running Red Hat Linux now, so I would be using dd to copy
any floppy images, that's no problem. The problem has been I've found no
information on even the sketchiest details of what's involved.

If you would, be as long winded as possible (really! You seem to have
the Debian PPP installation method down) on what's involved, how you do
it, etc. I'm in limbo now, well almost. =)

   John

--
John Bacalle