Re: debian install over ppp connection + Exim, RBL, fetchmail POP3

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 09:38:34AM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
-snip From scratch PPP install possible, or Slink upgrade better?-
>   I did the same with slink, I wasn't able to install potato from
> floppies. Since then I only upgraded (running unstable currently).

I gather then that installing Potato from scratch via PPP is not
possible? So, I'm being recommended to install from the Slink CDs I
already have up to Potato?

>   part of the install is ppp configuration. it produced unusable files,
> but it was fairly easy to manually fix it and continue installation over
> ppp. basically once you're connected you use the regular
> dselect/apt-get/..., the method would be http or ftp.

I'm setting up Debian on a small disk PC, 1,200MB, not knowing what to
expect in the range of installation-profile choices I can use some
feedback, please. I'm looking for an install in the range of 100MB to
300MB, 350/400MB at most. I would need X, sound. Taking into
consideration that this will be my first real Debian install, meaning I
would like to just choose a simple profile choice, what should out be
looking out for?

BTW, is it possible to use Exim's RBL/ORBS blackholing with fetchmail
_and_ POP3?

   John

--
John Bacalle                               Fax/VM: +1 212 894 3778 x1057
(slrn:*v****:Tin) (Mutt:v*****:Pine) (GnuPG:v*****:PGP) (GNU:v*****:OSI) N