Re: How to verify TrueType fonts are working?

i think here is the source of the confusion:

X 4.0 does NOT need a truetype font server to display true type fonts.

however, it will take fonts from wherever you tell it to, so if you tell it
to look for fonts at ports A and B (which happen to be bound against xfs and
xfstt) then so be it.

for whatever reason, you X server isn't serving up TT fonts.  you could
either fix whatever is wrong, or use xfs and xfstt to serve up fonts  the
'old' way.

just surmising...

pete

To err is human, to forgive is divine.      p@belial.ucdavis.edu       -
To oink is porcine, to meow is feline.    http://www.dirac.org/p      ._.
To neigh is equine to howl is lupine,                                 /v\
To moo is bovine to bleat is ovine.                                  // \\
GPG Fingerprint: B9F1 6CF3 47C4 7CD8 D33E 70A9 A3B9 1945 67EA 951D   rules

On Wed 13 Dec 00, 11:07 AM, Jon Pennington said...