Re: change xterm-debian

Hi,

the stock answer to this is usually a terse RTFM
/usr/doc/xterm/README.debian

Never seemed justified to me interms of pain:benefit ratio, but
according to this file on my Slink system, this has changed:

----
The xterm terminal type on a Debian system is an alias for
xterm-debian. This means that "xterm" and "xterm-debian" are
interchangeable as values of the $TERM environment variable in the
shell.  Since the xterm-debian type is typically not found on
non-Debian systems, xterm is used as the system default.
----

It then goes on to describe the 3 ways xterm-debian differs from
standard xterm...

this is from:
Version: 3.3.6-11potato15

so looks like upgrading xterm should fix this now?

-Jon