Re: change xterm-debian

ktb wrote:

>         I was wondering if there was anyway to permanently change the
>         environment variable TERM from xterm-debian to just xterm?
>         When I access pine at work to read mail it flips out.  The
>         server is running redhat and it's not changing.  It seems I've
>         seen this come up a while back but I can't find anything in the
>         archives.  Why xterm-debian anyway?  What is the benefit?
>         Thanks,
>         kent

i got the same issue, with redhat, tru64, solaris, aix, hpux etc..

what i do is just put a line in /etc/profile (assuming your using a BASH
compadible shell on the remote end) and put:

export TERM=vt100

that usually fixes it for me ..although the terminal i use may not
be fully gnome compliant ..i have no complaints about the emulation.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336