change xterm-debian

	I was wondering if there was anyway to permanently change the
	environment variable TERM from xterm-debian to just xterm?
	When I access pine at work to read mail it flips out.  The
	server is running redhat and it's not changing.  It seems I've
	seen this come up a while back but I can't find anything in the
	archives.  Why xterm-debian anyway?  What is the benefit?
	Thanks,
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."