Re: Serious problem with potato

    EGM>  Put the /usr/local entry, after /usr.  /usr is getting mounted
    EGM> on top of your /usr/local partition, hence the identical
    EGM> values.  I think I'd also mount /home somewhere near the last
    EGM> entry.  Linux is kinda funny about allowing a partition to be
    EGM> mounted more than once (reportedly a feature, rather than a
    EGM> bug).

Can anyone explain why /home should be somewhere near the last entry,
presumably in /etc/fstab ?

I am all set to repartition my HD and reinstall potato, and having
solved my problems with /usr and /usr/local (mounting order), would like
to know where /home should be placed (either in /etc/fstab or partition
wise towards the beginning or the end of the logical partition space).

Thanks.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com