apt-get insists updating gnupg with same version

After Werner Koch posted a small security patch for GnuPG 1.0.4 in
gnupg-announce I decided it's time to compile gnupg from sources.
Using Potato, I already had version 1.0.4 in use.

Using "apt-get source gnupg" I fetched the most current sources,
applied the patch and built gnupg_1.0.4-1_i386.deb, which I then
installed. Everything seemed to work fine until I - a few days later -
told apt-get to upgrade my packages. For some reason, it decided I
needed the newest gnupg, gnupg_1.0.4-1_i386.deb and installed
it. After I noticed what had happenes, I - again - installed the .deb
I had compiled and now apt-get wants to upgrade it again.

What I don't understand, is how come this happens even though package
names are exactly the same. I assume that I could have used some other
name for the package I compiled - like I do with "--revision" when
compiling kernel -, is this correct?

Suonpää...