Re: sound

As Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> wrote:

|> just because the module should've been loaded doesn't mean it was loaded
|> *correctly*.

I have a Sound Blaster Vibra 16 and had to reconfigure it when I moved
to the 2.2.17 kernel and the OSS sound modules. I'm very happy with
the results of that reconfiguration.

The thing I found worked best was to add the relevant options to:

 /etc/modutils/options

and then run `update-modules'

The options I added were these:

    options opl3 io=0x388
    options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330

Obviously, the specifications for your system might be different, but
this might be a place to start. You might not need the first line (or
its equivalent) but the IO, IRQ and DMA values at least, I think, are
mandatory.

Try something like this, and then:  `modprobe sb'
That should load all the required modules,  I think.

Hope this helps,

Jim