Re: Why not dselect?

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 06:47:29PM -0600, Brian McGroarty wrote:

> When you select a package and dselect jumps to a new screen, the
> second column of states is the current state, and the 3rd is the
> resulting state, including all packages needed to resolve
> dependencies. Only packages affected by this transaction appear in the
> list.

    Actually, I meant before I even select anything. I fire up dselect, and it
has already marked packages for installation, upgrade, removal, etc. I haven't
done a thing yet and it's making decisions. That's the part that I don't like.
Can someone justify this behaviour, and tell me how to disable it in case I'd
like to think for myself?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX