Re: mpage & PS docs -- 1-up => 2-up fsckups. StarOffice?

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 08:32:49PM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> >Specific instance is an Excel spreadsheet, printed to file from
> >StarOffice (that bloated stuck pig of an office suite), then attempting
> >to convert the file with mpage to a two-pages-per-sheet with:
> >
> >    mpage -dp -2 < soffice.ps > soffice-2up.ps
> >
> >Viewing (or printing) the results with gv flashes up the rendered
> >content for a moment, then blanks the page.  'gs' has similar results.
> >This appears to be a problem noted by others (Google, Deja turn up some
> >references), but I can't seem to find a fix.

Actually replying to 'kmself': yeah, mpage doesn't always work very well.  I
had the very same problem and it has been recommended to me that I use a
different program, "psnup".  The main difference, other than psnup working
*much* better, is that you cannot convert text to PS using psnup; not a big
loss, you can always do that with mpage then.

--
Maciej Kalisiak		mac@dgp.toronto.edu	www.dgp.toronto.edu/~mac