Re: mpage & PS docs -- 1-up => 2-up fsckups. StarOffice?

kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>Specific instance is an Excel spreadsheet, printed to file from
>StarOffice (that bloated stuck pig of an office suite), then attempting
>to convert the file with mpage to a two-pages-per-sheet with:
>
>    mpage -dp -2 < soffice.ps > soffice-2up.ps
>
>Viewing (or printing) the results with gv flashes up the rendered
>content for a moment, then blanks the page.  'gs' has similar results.
>This appears to be a problem noted by others (Google, Deja turn up some
>references), but I can't seem to find a fix.

Hm. I can't help with mpage, I'm afraid. As a workaround, have you tried
psnup (from the psutils package)? Of course, you'll have to cause the
PostScript file to contain its original self twice, perhaps using
psmerge. Sorry if a workaround wasn't what you were after.

(Oh yeah, sorry for the broken Mail-Followup-To: on most of my posts to
debian-user today. :( I made a bit of a thinko when editing my
newsreader setup to try to encourage people not to Cc: me on list mail.
It should be fixed now.)