Re: Emacs shell with ^]]0m !!!

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 02:17:27PM -0700, Hubert Chan wrote:
>
> :You can try installing the mule packages (mule2-bin, mule2-plain,
> :mule2-support).  It looks like mule (Multilingual enhancements to Emacs)
> :detects "DOS files" (i.e. files with carriage returns) and hides the carriage
> :returns.
>
> This actually gets stranger, I got my hands on the machine to day and
> it's not ^M as I was told but ^]]0m and it occurs in places other than
> end of line as well.
Looks like ansi escape stuff. If you have colour enabled in ls, or in your
prompt you'll get it.

--
"The Information Superhighway made it possible for the average person
to find out what some nerd thinks about Star Trek"

http://lit.compsoc.com/
http://www.litsu.ie/

GPG Fingerprint: B6C4 9E2B C62F 1B05 FC0D  F543 6800 67C7 FF5D 8291