Re: Emacs shell with ^]]0m !!!

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 02:17:27PM -0700, Hubert Chan wrote:

:You can try installing the mule packages (mule2-bin, mule2-plain,
:mule2-support).  It looks like mule (Multilingual enhancements to Emacs)
:detects "DOS files" (i.e. files with carriage returns) and hides the carriage
:returns.

This actually gets stranger, I got my hands on the machine to day and
it's not ^M as I was told but ^]]0m and it occurs in places other than
end of line as well.

the problem affects all user accounts (created a new one with just the
dot files from the default /etc/skel), but it does *not* affect root.

My plan at this point is to purge the old emacses and makesure I
digout any left over bits, then reinstall one (probably emacs20)

this is just plain weird!!!

-Jon