Re: Modem info needed...???

	Hi Larry,

	I'm owner of Pavilion 8550 with the same crap as you. I also took off that "board" with any unpleasant result.

	The Rockwell is also a soundcard which is pretty uncompatible with SoundBlaster, which was another reason to remove it and leave it waiting for better days... So the CD-ROM connection is just for playing audio CDs. As far as I remember, there is also a cable that goes to a TV cable (more or less). No problem at all if you remove it. I connected a vulgar US Robotics to a COM there and connected without trouble to the 'net.

	Larry... Seizing this... If you ever find a page where appear the motherboard models of each Pavilion, please tell me.

	Best,

	Ignasi